WaterNSW is the organisation responsible for managing raw water supply across the State.
By bringing together State Water and the Sydney Catchment Authority (at 1 January 2015) we aim to deliver the most efficient service to our customers and community.
WaterNSW is responsible for developing infrastructure solutions for improved water supply and reliability, protecting water quality in its designated catchments, catchment protection in the Greater Sydney drinking water catchments, asset management, and flood operations and mitigation.
WaterNSW will retain a local focus with regional offices and staff on the ground in local communities. Our principal offices are in Dubbo and Penrith and our contact phone numbers have stayed the same.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with news, information and our range of customer services as WaterNSW.
What We Do
On regulated river systems in NSW we:
- Deliver allocated water
- Deliver environmental flows
- Coordinate water ordering
- Manage water accounts
- Measure water usage
- Process water allocation assignments (temporary transfers)
- Manage delivery restrictions and demand management
- Issue bills and accounts to regulated water users
- Ensure compliance with metering standards
- Ensure water ordering compliance
- Take compliance action for overuse of allocation
- Suspend water licences for non-payment and overuse
What We Don’t Do
- Decide how much water is available each year
- Set allocations/available water determinations
- Issue and administer licences
- Set licence conditions
- Determine environmental flows
- Set water prices
- Set water sharing plan rules
- Take compliance action for unlicensed works and extractions
- Permanent trades
- Sell water
Information on the Greater Sydney side of the business is available here.